DESCRIPTION OF THE LAND AREA IN DISPUTE:
All that 4 plots of land located at IKORODU LOCAL GOVERNMENT being portion of EWU-ELEPE VILLAGE EXCISION
NAME(S) OF THE PARTIES TO THE SUIT:
Alhaja Omobola Bankole
Mrs Bisi Kuyoro
Eng. S.O Oluseye
DATE THE SUIT WAS FILED: 21st of August 2013
COURT CASE WAS FILED: IKORODU HIGH COURT JUDICIAL DIVISION
BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE FACTS OF THE CASE FILED:
The Statement of claim allegedly filed by the claimants state that they bought lands independently in 1977 and in 2006 from the above named defendants who issued receipts to them individually for 4 different plots from a Layout Survey plan he showed them but since the moment they paid for the lands, the Defendants have not put them in physical possession of the land and since then have been evading them to give them a concrete reason why they have not given them possession of the lands they paid for.
OMONILE LAWYER FINAL THOUGHTS ON THIS LAND DISPUTE:
I Have read this statement of claim over and over again and there are some issues i have picked out that requires both parties to shed light on:
1. It shows the Claimants bought the lands without investigating it
2. No property lawyer was involved in the transaction process
3. No body confirmed the existence of the survey plan layout that was paraded around to allocate lands to the claimants?
4. No deed of Assignment was every prepared in the Claimant’s name till the man passed away
This is just wrong and it has given these Omoniles the opportunity to do dubious things with these lands without putting the buyer of the land in possession.
CAVEAT AND WARNING:
Avoid buying Land in this disputed area till the matter has been determined by the courts. If you buy a land here you will be buying a law suit because the matter is still in court. Make sure if you come across All that 4 plots of land located at IKORODU LOCAL GOVERNMENT being portion of EWU-ELEPE VILLAGE EXCISION, you investigate it properly to know whether the land you intend to purchase is not in court so that you can buy their lands peacefully.
To get more information about this case get in touch with the Solicitors of both the Claimants and Defendants. We would be keeping an eye on this case to follow it up to its logical conclusion to know who the court finally grants ownership of this land and whether the prayers of the claimants will be upheld or struck out.
Latest posts by Matthew Ottah (see all)
- The 10 Riskiest and Most Fraudulent Places to buy a Land In Lagos - November 12, 2016
- What is a Deed of Assignment and the Foolish Risk your taking for not having a Deed of Assignment for your Land - November 7, 2016
- Know what a Gazette is and its Importance when Buying Land - November 5, 2016